Monday 17 June 2019

SAS Desert Raiders (Part 2)


So it is that time of year again where I get very little modelling done, life turns to more external pursuits to take advantage of the warmer weather and longer days.
Oh, and I binge watched eight seasons of Game of Thrones to see what all the fuss was about. (Less said about that the better, I think.)

However, I did finally manage to get Jeep No.2 ready for painting. Pretty much more of the same as I have already posted in part 1 but a slightly different armament set-up and different stowage arrangement on this one.






The sharp-eyed among you will notice that the handles for the .50 cal are missing. I haven't forgotten them, these are moulded into the hands of the gunner figure, this gives it a far more natural look.

There are also a couple of other bits and pieces that I will add as painting progresses but I am quickly getting to a point where these things are very fragile now and the more I can leave off at this stage the better.

So without further ado, here are both jeeps all ready to be dismantled and painted (don't forget all of this still comes apart into a gazillion pieces !).





So the next job is to tidy up this sorry looking bunch of ruffians and get them settled in their seats. 



Until the next action-packed episode; stay tuned !







Part 3 coming soon






No comments:

Post a Comment